One of our Friday morning friends, Megan, loves cinnamon chips. She hoards them, in fact. She also loves scones. I recently saw a recipe on a food blog I read and thought it would be a perfect recipe to try. It was super simple to throw together. Nothing too weird or complicated. And to be honest, there wasn’t a thing about the recipe I’d change. The only thing we did differently (read: because we were lazy) was to make drop scones instead of patting the dough into round discs and cutting them into triangles. They were simple and addicting. We hope you enjoy them too!
Cinnamon Chip Scones
The Recipe: (Makes 16 scones)
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cups cold butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Cut in butter until it forms coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk and vanilla.
- Fold in cinnamon chips.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently. Divide dough into 16 balls and drop onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown.